Thursday, February 28, 2013

Now, I'm a Certified Diver!


Hi everyone! It is been a while I didn't write about my life journey inside my blog! I noticed that I posted lots of 'advertisement' here and I forgot the purpose about this blog. So now I will mix it with my personal views, and life experience.

Anyhow, please allow me to share some of my diving experience. I just finished my diving course with Borneo Divers, and now I'm proud to say that I'm a Certified Diver!

At the Borneo Divers site , Mamutik Island. Ready to dive!

I love sea, I love beach, I love environment and I love aquatic's creatures so much.... Not forgetting the hot and sexy babe and boobs along the beach.... You can see it for free! Damn! Just kidding..

I started to love sea when I moved to Kota Kinabalu. I still remember my first experience of snorkeling. I followed my friend's trip to Mamutik Island and I don't know how to use the equipments such as google, life jackets and I don't know how to float in the sea water. Eventhough I don't have basic of all this, but I just keep myself calm. I still remember, that I quietly follow my other's friend the step on how to use the equipment.  I went to the sea water and started to float with the help of the life jackets. Thanks God, It was safe and I started to look what actually inside the seawater. Amazingly, it was like a colourful theme park with the fish here and there and I was so excited on that time. From that day on, I started loving underwater world and always joined my friend to the island.
Box Fish! I'm so excited. I saw this fish at 18m from water surface

Still not enough? I watched lots of underwater documentary through TV Programme, National Geography, Animal Planet and I bought few DVD about it. In addition, some of my friend is a certified divers and they encouraged me to be part of  them.

Borneo Divers! I took the course through Borneo Divers. Even its CEO, MR Clement Lee encouraged me to take the course.


Ok, so I was doing my PADI Open Water qualification with Borneo Divers (biggest and best in Sabah if anyone comes here!). They operate out of Mamutik Island which is in the Tungku Abdul Rahman National Park, a set of about 6 islands and approximately 20 minutes from Kota Kinabalu City by speed boat.
Myself, Cassandra and Oscar at Sutera Harbour Marina Jetty. 

I took the course with 2 of my bestfriend, Oscar and Cassandra. During  the 4 days course, I met with Yee Sing and Yee Ming and another 4 fellows from Kuala Lumpur.  We attended our theory class and I got 92% during the exam. On the second to fourth day, we  did our skills in shallow waters - such as taking off masks and breathing out without our regulator in. Soon enough, we were out on a Reef dive...
Yi Mind and Yi Sing, our diving buddy

Underwater documentaries hadn't really prepared me for being able to swim through schools of tropical fish, invert myself and float with my head inches over coral.

The next day, we completed our open water dives with another 2 reef dives - again I was further struck by the beauty of the underwater world... guess other people who dive will understand a little - I felt very privileged to be able to see these reefs and dive with the various marine life. It is amazing to think that a comparatively small amount of people have ever laid eyes on some of the nature under our waters!
Receiving our 'Diploma' hehehe.. 

Now, I’m a certified divers!  I’m planning to go diving with my friends at Taman Tunku Abdul Rahman Park very soon because I heard that there a lots of beautiful coral reef yet to discover!
Be a diver because it is addictive!

No comments: